Parallel Time - The Unofficial Donnie Iris SiteDAWNIE talk
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Show: August 6, 2011 - Mears, MI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

Other shows are now listed on the site which give you an idea about the various ticket options.

http://valdulakes.showclix.com/

Tickets for the DI show don't go on sale until April 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 am 
Love Messiah

VIP Deck ($45.00)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Includes Pit admission, reserved chairs on our deck with wait service, private bar and bathrooms and free admission to the party in the barn after the show.

Everything here looks pretty good except "barn party"!

Gina red/black

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am 
Site Admin

http://www.revuewm.com/sounds/on-tour/i ... ert-series

Val Du Lakes to bring live music back to outdoor amphitheater this summer
Written by Brian Edwards

The venerable Val Du Lakes Resort plans to start bringing national musical acts back to Mears, Mich. this summer.

The outdoor amphitheater, which hosted the likes of Aerosmith and Metallica during its heyday in the early ‘90s, plans a full summer of concerts in 2011. While the lineup is still taking shape, the venue’s promoter has finalized a dozen dates featuring classic rock, country, hip-hop and alternative bands.

Classic rockers CheapTrick, alternative rockers Collective Soul and country star Sara Evans are among the first national acts that have been confirmed for shows at Val Du Lakes this summer, according to promoter Ned Timmer. He says Val Du Lakes is working on a variety of other shows including the Xtreme Muzik tour featuring country’s Big & Rich with Gretchen Wilson, as well as a show by ‘70s rock sensation and current Celebrity Apprentice contestant Meat Loaf.

"It's time for the Phoenix to rise," Timmer says, alluding to the mythical bird that symbolizes rebirth. From the mid-70s to the mid-90s, Val Du Lakes was a stop for some of the biggest names in the rock era, including Guns and Roses, Hank Williams Jr., Stevie Ray Vaughn and Motley Crue, as well as mega-tours such as the Clash of the Titans featuring Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer. In the mid-90s, Val Du Lakes stopped booking national shows in part due to competition from the new Van Andel Arena and the changing dynamics of the concert business. Brian and Mary Lowing bought Val Du Lakes in 2006, with the intention of bringing music back to the historic venue.

For 2011, the resort plans to have shows every weekend from May through August with the exception of July 4 weekend, Timmer says. Muskegon’s Summer Celebration and Rothbury’s first Electric Forest Festival are scheduled for that weekend. Tickets will range in price from about $10 to $40 for general admission, with VIP seating available for premium pricing. Timmer also expects to host some free music shows during the summer.

Visitors to Val Du Lakes will see changes and improvements from its previous incarnations, including a new VIP deck, a new stage, and a renovated pavilion, Timmer says.

The season kicks off on May 20 with Australia rockers Sick Puppies with special guests My Darkest Days. Grand Rapids alternative rockers Pop Evil visit Val Du Lakes the following day with Circus Asylum.

The following weekend, Val Du Lakes welcomes country songstress Evans on May 28 with opening support from former American Idol contestant Danny Gokey.

Other shows include: Southern rockers Molly Hatchet and .38 Special (June 6); Collective Soul with Better than Ezra (June 18); Gin Blossoms and Tonic (June 25); blues-rocker Daniella Cotton (June 29); and indie rockers Thriving Ivory (August 12).

Val Du Lakes also plans two weekend festivals, including a “SummerSoundfest” with rock, hip-hop and underground music on July 10-11 and a “Classic‘80s…More or Less” weekend featuring shows by Cheap Trick, Patty Smyth & Scandal, Donnie Iris, Dr. Hook and others on Aug. 5-6.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 am 
Site Admin

Classic 80s More... or Less Fest

Day 1 - Friday August 5th:

Val Du Lakes welcomes Cheap Trick with special guest Patty Smyth and Scandal to kick off a weekend of classics. Tix on sale now.

Day 2 - Saturday August 6th:

MEAT LOAF "HANG COOL TOUR" with special guests TOM COCHRANE with RED RIDER, DONNIE IRIS and the CRUISERS, and DR. HOOK featuring RAY SAWYER will close out this weekend of classics! Tix on sale April 1st.

Buy tickets for both days and get a discounted rate on camping at the Val Du Lakes Campground.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 am 
Site Admin

This is shaping up as a pretty cool festival when you factor in Cheap Trick / Scandal the day before.

I've heard Meatloaf puts on a good show too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:57 pm 
Pretender

It sounds like a great event if it wasn't so damn far away! I think anyone who ventures to it will have a great time, so enjoy!
:-y :-y :-y :-y

Tim

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New show: August 6, 2011 - Mears, MI
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:44 pm 
Somebody

Stan and I discussed this today and are thinking about flying into Grand Rapids for this weekend festival. I can't say we've ever seen the Great Lakes, so this could be fun.

Steven :-y

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds cool... interested to hear about it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:36 am 
Somebody

So do we have anyone from here actually attending this??? It would be cool to get a first hand account.

And he must put on a show

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Not that I'm aware of.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:43 pm 
Pretender

I think if anyone from here does attend they should get a Donnie Diehard Gold Star Award!

Tim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:47 pm 
Somebody

Bummer.

Maybe you can get a report from Mark, Glenn. I'd be interested in hearing what their set list was. I'd guess that they probably had to play an extended set. Just a hunch on my part, mind you. Playing "A Little Help From My Friends" last week was probably a test run for today.

Seriously, though. Why do they ignore "My Girl"??? That baffles me. Their highest rated Top40 chart single as a band and it probably hasn't been played since the "Fortune 410" tour. Really puzzles me.

And he must put on a show

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:42 pm 
Yinzer

Captain Vic wrote:
Seriously, though. Why do they ignore "My Girl"??? That baffles me. Their highest rated Top40 chart single as a band and it probably hasn't been played since the "Fortune 410" tour. Really puzzles me.

I agree, "My Girl" is long overdue for a comeback! :clap:

Also, it would be interesting to hear "Bring on the Eighties" again. :lol: Have they ever even preformed it live?

Post subject: Re: August 6, 2011 - Mears, MI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know why they don't play "My Girl". Maybe it doesn't come off well live is all I can guess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:09 am 
Rapper

NJDonnieFan wrote:
I think if anyone from here does attend they should get a Donnie Diehard Gold Star Award!

Tim

Not that this show was that far from where I work (near Dayton, Ohio), time has been of the essence as they say for me this summer. Closer than my usual run to Pittsburgh from Louisville, actually, but this has been a bad year for me, to much going on. Between work, my son now living with me and trying to get everything organized for him, motorcycle events (trying to do some more riding this summer, but with the darn heat and HUMIDITY, it's killing me!), time is flying by. Also, have the Cooper show in Columbus with Glenn next week, and the guys odd schedule this year, it's up in the air!! Would like to go to the Somerset show, not sure that will happen either.

2011, shaping up to be one of the fastest years yet!!!!!

Mike 8-)

Profile E-mail