Parallel Time - The Unofficial Donnie Iris SiteDAWNIE talk
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ellwood City - 5 Years later
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:36 pm 
Pretender

This weekend marks the 5th anniversary of the Ellwood City release show at the Chevrolet Amphitheater (06/10/2006).

After 5 years, what does everyone think?

My opinion hasn't changed. Its still a masterpiece and one of my favorite albums ever. Yes Glen, its in my top 10 :D. Little Black Dress is still one of the catchiest songs Donnie has ever done, the slow paced Soul Man and Let's Go still act as lead ins for the rest of the album. You've Got My Body is still my favorite on the album with its great drum beat. Also, Just Go Tango and River of Love are incredible tunes as well. The first time I listened I couldn't wait for the next song as you just didn't know what to expect. The listening party at Hereford and Hops in Cranberry was a blast as well.

Also, any talk of a follow up album (not counting the Christmas album)?

Post subject: Re: Ellwood City - 5 Years later
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:43 pm 
Somebody

"Love Messiah" is pretty much a classic. A perfect blend of an updated sound with "BOTS" early vibe to it. Pretty underrated, IMO.

And he must put on a show

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:55 am 
Pretender

I still enjoy the cd very much, I like the originals obviously but I love the cover of Soul Man. It would be cool (but probably not profitable) to put out a collection of the various cover tunes the band has done over the years. I guess since that is unlikely to happen I should just make that playlist and burn it to a cd for my own car!! I can blast it on the road to Cleveland and Pittsburgh to see Donnie and the Cruisers!

:-y :-y :-y :-y

Tim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 am 
Site Admin

This album still holds up for me as a great piece of work. In my opinion, it is a worthy addition along side the 5 classic albums from 80-84.

While POLETOWN is a great album in it's own way, it's a different animal. I really feel ELLWOOD CITY is a stronger album from the first song to the last, while being closer to the original Cruisers sound.

Around the time of the Christmas album release, I asked Mark if the band had another full length studio CD of new material planned at some point. His answer was "yes, definitely".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:04 pm 
Pretender

Parallel Time wrote:
Around the time of the Christmas album release, I asked Mark if the band had another full length studio CD of new material planned at some point. His answer was "yes, definitely".
Merry Christmas to all of us! Can't wait to hear that..... thanks for the info Glen

:-y :-y :-y :-y

Tim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:37 pm 
Pretender

I love this album, I just listened to it through a couple of times recently. Really a solid album from start to finish.